Every adrenaline junkie surely has this on their bucket list: Bungee Jumping.
The thrill of stepping away from the safety of the platform and plummeting hundreds of feet to the ground. It’s is an incredible feeling.
There are so many locations all over the world to do this, all you really need to choose is the kind of environment you want. With no lack of mountains, rivers, and lakes, Switzerland is probably one of the best countries to take that leap of faith.
If you’re looking for a unique bungee experience in Switzerland, check out the list below.
The Goldeneye/007 Bungee Jump
Perhaps the most popular bungee jump in Switzerland, the Goldeneye Bungee jump helps you relive James Bond’s jump in the Goldeneye movie. This jump from the Contra Dam, an arch dam on the Verzasca River in the Val Verzasca of Ticino, Switzerland, is the highest jump in the world from solid ground. Channel your inner Pierce Brosnan version of James Bond and experience a leap from Europe’s most famous film location.
- Jump height: 220 meters
- Minimum weight: 45 kg
- Maximum weight: 110 kg
- Minimum age: 10 years
007 Bungee Jump Variations
If you think bungee jumping the Contra Dam the normal way is too mainstream, you can up the rush several notches with varying jumps. These 007 variations are ideal as a second jump for a lower cost.
- Trekking Outdoor Team: First jump are standard rates (255 CHF); CHF 125 as second jump on the same day; CHF 195 as second jump at a later date
- Backwards Jump: You jump with your back towards the dam and fall backwards down the Contra Dam
- Night Jump: The classic jump done at night. The Contra Dam is flooded with lights, aided by track lights from the operator
- Ultimo: For advanced jumpers with a minimum of 3 jumps. You jump feet first, holding on to the rope handle with your hands. A safety harness is attached to your belt.
Centovalli Center Bridge Bungee
The Centovalli Bridge Bungee Jump is part of the Centovalli Outdoor Center facilities. The center is found in Intragna, 10 minutes from Locarno. It is also the oldest outdoor center in Ticino. Jumpers will be jumping off the Railway Bridge Intragna, the highest railway bridge in Switzerland. This jump is meant to be a group activity, but can be done individually or as a tandem.
- Trekking Outdoor Team: CHF 2,000 for a group of up to 12 people; CHF 135 for any further single jump; CHF 200 for any further tandem jump
Not the best video, but you see how it is…
Bungee Jump From Interlaken – Stockhorn Bungy
The bungee site at Stockhorn is situated within the alps. The headlong plunge is a unique experience as the rush of cool fresh air hits your body. The yells of excitement from both jumpers and participants echo through the mountains, making this jump a truly unique Swiss experience. The metting point is at Alpin Raft in Interlaken, Switzerland. Jumpers will be lifted to the jump off point via mountain gondola to Stockhorn.
- Jump height: 134 meters
- Minimum weight: 45 kg
- Maximum weight: 115 kg
- Minimum age: No age limit
- Alpin Raft
- Prices start: CHF 189 / 190 USD
Adrenaline Rush at its finest
As if mountaineering, skiing, and paragliding around the country is not enough! Bungee jumping in the midst of the Swiss Alps or from iconic landmarks is undoubtedly one for the books. While you plummet headlong to the ground, it may be a good idea to take advantage of photo and video services provided by the operators. After all, how often do you jump off a dam?